Step by step for PhD students
- Check for the appropriate courses under Calendar and Courses. These lists will contain all the accredited courses as they become available.
- If you consider to apply for a scholarship, carefully check the criteria (Rules for Application and attribution of Scholarships) and fill out the Application Form (AF) (pdf|doc) together with your PhD advisor. Also read carefully the specific examination format of the course.
- Submit the AF (application form) for the scholarship at the latest 1 month before the start of the course by using the links provided in the AF.
- Register for the course with the course provider using the included registration form and/or links. Check the travel and accommodation arrangements that are provided in each course announcement.
- Notification about the decision for scholarship will be sent to the student at the latest 2 weeks before the start of the course.
- After completion of the course, after the evaluation of the course using the provided form and after taking the exam, fill in and submit the Scholarship Payment Form (SPF) (pdf|doc) and have it certified by the PhD advisor (at the latest 2 months after the end of the course). The payment will be carried out within 2 weeks after receipt (and upon acceptance) of the SPF (pdf|doc).
- The student is invited to provide a short testimonial regarding his/her experience with the followed course for which a scholarship was granted by using the Template of Testimonial (doc)
Important message to the PhD students interested in a EURO-DOTS scholarship!!!
Unfortunately today, on January 15 2015, the EURO-DOTS project has come to an end and no more scholarships can be granted for the time being.
Status EURO-DOTS on 15 January 2015
The EURO-DOTS-2 project has come to an end on 31 December 2014. At this moment there is no prospect about a possible continuation of this initiative, in spite of the huge success of the project and the ambition of the consortium to continue on this path. The success of the past actions cannot be better reflected than by the more than 220 testimonials (Testimonials) of students whom were granted a EURO-DOTS scholarship in the past 4 years. In these 4 years of EURO-DOTS, 132 course modules have been organized on 61 relevant topics/themes, by 20 course providers from 11 countries. More than 250 lecturers have been involved. More than 300 PhD students, from 19 European countries, have successfully applied for a scholarship. In 2014 40 Courses have been scheduled. The calendar and information on all past courses can be found on Courses. For more up-to-date information on the realizations and conclusions of EURO-DOTS, please go to “EURO-DOTS Conclusions” on Final Reports. The consortium is considering possible actions to keep the EURO-DOTS mission alive and hopefully see the start of a next phase of EURO-DOTS.
EURO-DOTS Testimonials by students
More than 170 testimonials by students can be found on Testimonials of students. We invite you to read through these messages and by these be convinced of the benefit to PhD students of an initiative and project like EURO-DOTS!
EURO-DOTS Testimonials by Course Providers
Five Course Providers share their enthusiasm on the EURO-DOTS initiative and explain why they decided to contribute and be part of the game. You can find their testimonial on Testimonial of Course Providers
EURO-DOTS flyer and poster
The latest version of the EURO-DOTS flyer and poster can be downloaded from the PR and Dissemination section.