Step by step for Academia and Course providers
A first call for course modules is launched on 15 June 2011
This is an open call
- no specific themes/topics
- no deadline (but by preference before 1 October 2011)
Step by step
- Check the Course Module Flowchart
- Read the Eligibility criteria for the course modules and the accreditation rules (document Eligibility/Accreditation)
- Design and work out the course program
- Fill out the CAF Form
- Submit the course program + CAF Form to EURO-DOTS (EURO-DOTS@ict.kth.se)
- Wait for review by Academic Committee, respond to requests for more information
- Decision from Steering Committee with feedback
- Listing on www.EURO-DOTS.org and availability of Scholarships announced
1. Check the Course Module Flowchart
2. Eligibility criteria
Read the Eligibility criteria for the course modules and the accreditation rules (document Eligibility/Accreditation)
3. Design and work out the course program
What is needed?
The submission of the course consists of 2 parts : the course program and the filled out CAF (Course Application Form)
Provide the course program with details about the following in order to allow a proper evaluation of the course:
- Description of the Course Topic/Theme and competence of the proposing group in this domain – training objectives, target groups/audience, content, link with own research activities, selected or envisaged lecturers/teachers and their affiliation, nature of the course (existing, adapted, new)
- Provisional detailed program
- Expected date for finalization of the course program
- Possible timing and schedule for the course organization
- Course support provided
- Practical information (first inputs)
- Venue and travel info
- Lodging arrangements and costs
- Registration fee and what is included in this fee
- Format of exam and of evaluation at the completion of the course.
Some of these items will also have to be inserted in the CAF form.
It is preferred that you fill in the form in Word format electronically, so that it can be sent by email, rather than filling it in and scanning it or sending in paper format.
Send both parts, Course program and the CAF form either by e-mail to :
or by post to
Carl-Mikael Zetterling, KTH ICT, Electrum 229, SE-16440 Kista, SWEDEN
Questions about the Eligibility criteria can also be addressed to the above email.
6. Review by Academic Committee
Wait for review by Academic Committee, respond to requests for more information.
7. Decision from Steering Committee with feedback
8. Listing on www.EURO-DOTS.org and availability of Scholarships announced
Important message to the PhD students interested in a EURO-DOTS scholarship!!!
Unfortunately today, on January 15 2015, the EURO-DOTS project has come to an end and no more scholarships can be granted for the time being.
Status EURO-DOTS on 15 January 2015
The EURO-DOTS-2 project has come to an end on 31 December 2014. At this moment there is no prospect about a possible continuation of this initiative, in spite of the huge success of the project and the ambition of the consortium to continue on this path. The success of the past actions cannot be better reflected than by the more than 220 testimonials (Testimonials) of students whom were granted a EURO-DOTS scholarship in the past 4 years. In these 4 years of EURO-DOTS, 132 course modules have been organized on 61 relevant topics/themes, by 20 course providers from 11 countries. More than 250 lecturers have been involved. More than 300 PhD students, from 19 European countries, have successfully applied for a scholarship. In 2014 40 Courses have been scheduled. The calendar and information on all past courses can be found on Courses. For more up-to-date information on the realizations and conclusions of EURO-DOTS, please go to “EURO-DOTS Conclusions” on Final Reports. The consortium is considering possible actions to keep the EURO-DOTS mission alive and hopefully see the start of a next phase of EURO-DOTS.
EURO-DOTS Testimonials by students
More than 170 testimonials by students can be found on Testimonials of students. We invite you to read through these messages and by these be convinced of the benefit to PhD students of an initiative and project like EURO-DOTS!
EURO-DOTS Testimonials by Course Providers
Five Course Providers share their enthusiasm on the EURO-DOTS initiative and explain why they decided to contribute and be part of the game. You can find their testimonial on Testimonial of Course Providers
EURO-DOTS flyer and poster
The latest version of the EURO-DOTS flyer and poster can be downloaded from the PR and Dissemination section.