Eligibility criteria for EURO-DOTS labeled courses
Introduction and Summary
A EURO-DOTS label can be assigned by the Academic Committee to a PhD course after a careful examination of the course against the eligibility criteria that have been defined by the EURO-DOTS consortium. A document can be accessed (Eligibility criteria for course modules) that provides a detailed treatment and description of the strict requirements related to quality, scientific level, organization, exams and attribution of ECTS credits that need to be fulfilled in order to be granted the EURO-DOTS label.
This set of criteria can be summarized as follows:
- Modular, intensive course (by preference of one week duration)
- Timely announcement of the course with all details on program and organization.
- High quality and scientific level
- Expertise in the field of the group responsible for the scientific program
- Lecture notes or other support, infrastructure and organization, etc
- Course in the domain of micro-nano-electronics and associated fields.
- Accessibility to both PhD students and professionals.
- Registration fee of PhD students within an imposed limit
- Course fitting the rules for the proposed number of ECTS credits (hours, level)
- Course accredited by the Doctoral School of at least one major European university and to be progressively accredited by other major European universities, based on accreditation by the Academic Committee of EURO-DOTS.
- Exam/evaluation organized at the completion of the course.
- Certificate of course attendance, successful presentation of an exam, & related credits.
- Mandatory evaluation of each course by all participants.
For more details on each of these criteria we refer to the document Eligibility criteria for course modules. Further questions for clarification can be addressed to Prof. Michel Declercq (firstname.lastname@example.org).
While several of these criteria are already more or less fulfilled today by the courses offered in the framework of the Doctoral School of major European universities, some other courses may request an adaptation in the organization before being accepted in the EURO-DOTS portfolio.
The Academic Committee will review the courses against all the criteria (eligibility and accreditation) and the selected courses will eventually be given the EURO-DOTS label.
Important message to the PhD students interested in a EURO-DOTS scholarship!!!
Unfortunately today, on January 15 2015, the EURO-DOTS project has come to an end and no more scholarships can be granted for the time being.
Status EURO-DOTS on 15 January 2015
The EURO-DOTS-2 project has come to an end on 31 December 2014. At this moment there is no prospect about a possible continuation of this initiative, in spite of the huge success of the project and the ambition of the consortium to continue on this path. The success of the past actions cannot be better reflected than by the more than 220 testimonials (Testimonials) of students whom were granted a EURO-DOTS scholarship in the past 4 years. In these 4 years of EURO-DOTS, 132 course modules have been organized on 61 relevant topics/themes, by 20 course providers from 11 countries. More than 250 lecturers have been involved. More than 300 PhD students, from 19 European countries, have successfully applied for a scholarship. In 2014 40 Courses have been scheduled. The calendar and information on all past courses can be found on Courses. For more up-to-date information on the realizations and conclusions of EURO-DOTS, please go to “EURO-DOTS Conclusions” on Final Reports. The consortium is considering possible actions to keep the EURO-DOTS mission alive and hopefully see the start of a next phase of EURO-DOTS.
EURO-DOTS Testimonials by students
More than 170 testimonials by students can be found on Testimonials of students. We invite you to read through these messages and by these be convinced of the benefit to PhD students of an initiative and project like EURO-DOTS!
EURO-DOTS Testimonials by Course Providers
Five Course Providers share their enthusiasm on the EURO-DOTS initiative and explain why they decided to contribute and be part of the game. You can find their testimonial on Testimonial of Course Providers
EURO-DOTS flyer and poster
The latest version of the EURO-DOTS flyer and poster can be downloaded from the PR and Dissemination section.